12 March 2014

So I didn't blog at all in 2013, oops!

"Kathryn, what should I blog about?"

"How you're at the lowest of the low in your life...PSYCH!"

We hear our two dogs bark outside the window.  A car drives up.  "That's my ride, see you later!"  Kathryn tells me after complaining about how mom won't let her go to the movies.

"Wait, WHAT?"  I exclaim.  Even at this age I still worry about incurring the wrath of my mother.

"I'm just playin'!"  The car turns out to be our neighbor. 

These are the snippets of conversation that characterize my life living at home with my 15 year-old sister.  I currently work and live in my tiny hometown, population well under 2,000, in Virginia.  It has been a difficult transition living at home after being on my own in the big cities of Chicago and Seattle, but time spent with my littlest baby sis makes things exciting even while living in a town with no movie theater, no bar, "AND NO STARBUCKS!", Kathryn emphatically adds. 



No comments:

Post a Comment